How to Wash Your Hands with Gamat (Sea Cucumber) Soap | MyHandicraft
We may not yet have achieved complete herd immunity with vaccination in the ongoing program but there is one powerful combo that can help stop the spread of the virus, which many of us already have access to: soap and water.
There’s a reason why governments and public health experts worldwide have been telling us to wash our hands – it really works. Good hand hygiene could reduce cases of respiratory diseases by 20%, and diarrhoea by 30%. That means it has potential to have a huge impact on the spread of the coronavirus.
- Touch your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Prepare or eat food and drinks with unwashed hands
- Touch a contaminated surface or objects
- Blow your nose, cough, or sneeze into hands and then touch other people’s hands or common objects
- Wet your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold), turn off the tap, and apply soap.
- Lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap. Lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails.
- Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. Need a timer? Hum the “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end twice.
- Rinse your hands well under clean, running water.
- Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them.
WHY DOES IT WORK?
It comes down to chemistry. The virus itself if is made up of genetic material wrapped in a fatty coating. Soap molecules can disrupt this lipid membrane, causing it to fall apart. The virus’ “spike” proteins, which normally help it to invade human cells, are lost into the surrounding environment rendering the virus inactive. With the fragments of the virus enveloped by the soap molecules, these are then washed away when you rinse your hands.
The physical action of scrubbing your hands can also help to dislodge viral particles, which is why there has been so much emphasis on how we wash our hands and how long for. It does not matter how good your soap is if you do not apply it thoroughly enough.
PREVENTING DRY AND CRACKED HANDS AFTER WASHING
Washing your hands regularly may cause excessive dryness and chapped skin on your hands in attempts to practice good hygiene. Hence, it is crucial the TYPE of soap that you use when washing your hands.
Our sea cucumber soaps are 100% organic and natural that is available unscented or scented with essential oils. It is also infused with sheabutter to moisturize the skin and is suitable for all skin types, even sensitive skin. The gamat properties in the soap itself is beneficial in healing atopy, eczema and dry skin issues. It is the perfect soap for daily usage especially in washing hands.